This short course will explore leadership and management in a professional environment. Consider the difference between leadership and management, a variety of leadership styles, and core leadership theories. Learn about the importance of empowering a workforce and motivating staff.
- Learner will know the difference between leadership and management
- Learner will give consideration to what type of leader they are or might want to become
- Learner will learn about different leadership styles and the importance of adopting different styles for different situations
Advantages of this course
- Leaders perform tasks that are relevant to their profession and these will vary from one job to another. However, the key actions will be the same. This course will outline these key actions from deciding what has to be done to evaluating how well tasks have been completed.
- The benefits of a motivated and empowered workforce include increased job satisfaction and greater support for business objectives. Motivational theories and techniques are discussed in the Presentation section of the lesson.
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge