In every classroom, the child does the learning, the teacher facilitates learning, and the environment supports them both. This course looks at how Reception and Key Stage 1 classrooms can inspire education. This short course, aimed at those working with children in a classroom setting (Foundation and KS1), considers the impact a classroom can have on learning and development.
- The learner will gain an appreciation of the positive effects a well thought out classroom arrangement has on a childs desire to learn
- The learner will understand how the environment stimulates curiosity, initiative, creativity, confidence, interaction, and perseverance the how of deep-level learning
- The ways in which children learn will be explained to learners, this includes movement, curiosity, imagination, creativity, hands-on experience, and play
- The learner will know how to create a good classroom arrangement that empowers children to make choices and think for themselves, as well as inspiring learning
Advantages of this course
- Some children may struggle more than others to concentrate in particular classroom set-ups, for example a child with Autism will not cope well with a room where everyone is wearing red and sitting on red chairs at red tables. This course will help learners to arrange their classroom in a way that allows all children to concentrate and feel comfortable.
- A good classroom arrangement is not just for the children, you should also feel like you have a joyful and safe space to spend time in. This lesson will consider ways in which you can use the space creatively to create a classroom which everyone looks forward to using.
- Reading texts, website, and video resources are utilised to explore how classrooms can inspire learning and additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning