This short course is about attracting and hiring staff who have the right attributes to be a valued and effective member of the team. Learn about employment regulations and laws all employers must follow, and industry specific legislation. Understand the stages of hiring a new employee up until their first day, and know which pre-employment checks need to be carried out for the role.
This short course is aimed at people who have responsibility for hiring staff or are hoping to move into a hiring role.
- You will understand the processes involved in employing new members of staff
- You will be able to write and post a job advert, select the candidates you would like to invite for interview, conduct the interview, make a job offer, carry out pre-employment checks, and create and send the right type of employment contract
- You will understand the importance of equality and diversity when employing new employees
Advantages of this course
- All employers, irrespective of size or sector, are required to prevent the employment of illegal workers. This short course will outline the 3 step check you should do to confirm that a potential employee is entitled to work in the UK.
- Conducting pre-employment checks on job applicants is an integral part of the recruitment process. Failure to establish relevant information could mean that you have failed to show due diligence. Employers need to use the selection process, including vetting, to find the best person for the job, taking into account all the available evidence. This short course provides advice to employers on how to conduct such checks.
- An unenviable part of the recruitment process is rejecting unsuitable applicants. It is only polite to let candidates know their application has not been successful and under Data
- Protection laws, how long and for what purpose their details will be kept for. Methods of doing so will be suggested in this short course.
- Website and video resources are utilised to explore recruiting new employees in more detail
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge