This short course, aimed at professionals with a responsibility for minute taking, considers the primary objectives of minutes, different types of minutes, and the importance of accurate minute taking in a business environment. Taking comprehensive, legally compliant, and accurate minutes is a real skill and training in this area should not be overlooked.
- The learner will understand what minutes are
- The learner will understand the objectives of taking minutes
- The learner will learn about the legal requirements for minutes
- The learner will learn about the different types of minutes
Advantages of this course
- Minutes are a requirement in a number of workplace meetings, and also in clubs, groups and social societies. However, there is rarely any training given on how to take minutes, and the different types of minutes. This course looks at those different types, the things the minutes should include, and the things the minutes should not include.
- Training is given through a filmed tutorial, references to websites for reading and good practice video
- There is suggested extra reading to give both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
- An additional activity encourages the learner to reflect on the learning