As childcare workers, its part of our duty to do all we can to help children get into the habit of physical activity and support their physical development. This course covers benefits of exercise and mobility for young children, national guidelines for physical activity, strategies for promoting physical activity in the early years, and accessible activities and ideas for children with SEND.
- You will know the physical activity guidelines for the under-5s age group as determined by the UK Chief Medical Officers
- You will understand some of the potential consequences of being inactive and how this can affect children into adulthood
- You will know how to keep babies and toddlers active
- You will be able to implement strategies for promoting physical activity in an early years setting
Advantages of this course
- By encouraging and creating opportunities for exercise and mobility at an early age, were giving children the best possible chance of developing well and becoming healthy adults.
- This course suggests activities, games, and opportunities for physical development in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Not all children develop at the same rate, and some children have physical disabilities that restrict movement. This course suggests accessible activities and games to keep children with SEN and disabilities active.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge