This short course, aimed at a health and social care professional, looks at national and local policies for infection control and how to cut down the risk of an outbreak of infection. Learn how to use Personal Protection Equipment correctly and the importance of good personal hygiene.
- The learner will be able to work in a way that minimises the spread of infection and will be able to describe best practice in infection control to others
- The learner will understand the importance of hand hygiene, Personal Protective Equipment, a safe and clean non-touch technique, and the safe disposal of sharps
- The learner will know how to break the chain of infection
Advantages of this course
- In a health and social care setting, you are likely to come into contact with lots of different situations in which the spread of infection is heightened, as is the risk of being exposed to infectious diseases and illness. Infection control and prevention is therefore, essential, and as much for your own safety as anyone elses.
- Website and video resources are utilised to explain the information further
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge