This short course looks at the importance of health and safety. It explains the responsibilities of both employer and employee and offers an explanation of the roles of risk assessments, first aid at work, harmful substances, and fire safety in keeping a workplace healthy and safe. You will also be introduced to the legislation for health and safety and the work of the Health and Safety Executive.
- Learner will learn that both employers and employees have responsibility for health and safety in the workplace
- Learner will understand how legislation impacts their health and safety at work
- Learner will understand the importance of being aware of health and safety procedures in the workplace
Advantages of this course
- Every person who enters a workplace, either as employer, employee or visitor, should be aware of health and safety. This course offers an introduction to the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
- The learner is introduced to areas of health and safety awareness including slips and trips, and risk assessments
- The course includes information about fire and hazardous materials
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge