This short course, aimed at employees across a broad range of workplaces, looks at the factors affecting how information is communicated within an organisation, the benefits of effective communication, barriers to communication, and the importance of ensuring everyone feels like they have been given clear direction and their views are being listened to and valued.
- The learner will gain a knowledge of communication models and theories
- The learner will learn about effective communication, and how it impacts on negotiation
- The learner will also learn about barriers to effective communication
- The learner will also learn about body language and its effect on communication
Advantages of this course
- Communication is vital in every walk of life and it is something that most of us think we can do fairly successfully
- There are now a variety of methods we use when communicating: letters, agendas, notes, emails, and social media; Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are all widely used.
- This course looks at written, verbal, and non-verbal communication, including how to actively listen
- Website and video resources are utilised to explain the skills further
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge