Learn how to create a themed indoor environment that gives children the opportunity to explore, both independently and with adult guidance. A magical place to learn takes fairy tales as the starting point for a variety of exciting activities and experiences. Upon completion of the course, you will have the tools, confidence, and enthusiasm to create your own themed space and bring your ideas to life.
Young children are naturally curious and want to explore and learn. If a childcare practitioner creates an environment that is richly resourced with activities, children will learn naturally from all that is around them. It is the practitioners skill in creating the environment that is important, and then providing the appropriate support for each child so they get the most from the activities. Wherever possible, children should be fully involved in creating their own place to learn and contribute their ideas and art work.
This course will guide you through the process of creating a themed indoor environment, using fairy tales as an example.
Aim of the course
- To increase your knowledge and understanding of the many areas of learning that can be created within the child’s indoor environment, and to maximise the opportunities for learning by purposefully planning each area, involving children in the choices made.
Objective of the course
- You will be able to create a more interesting and exciting indoor environment that will allow children to explore and learn.
- Filmed tutorials, planning resources and tools, presentation, and good practice example videos all video content is original and has been created for this course by Laser Learning
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge