Let's get festive
Christmas time is fast approaching, but who doesn’t love to get festive throughout the whole of December? It’s an exciting time for children with the promise of a visit from Father Christmas…with good behaviour!
It’s a time to spend preparing, making, crafting and giving…with extra glitter of course!
Here at Capture Education we’ve got some treats in store for you. A very delicious gingerbread recipe, some nice little gift ideas to make in your child care setting and some printable Christmas colouring sheets.
Make your own gingerbread cookies
What you will need
- 75g butter
- 3 1/2tbsp golden syrup
- 60g light soft brown sugar
- 175g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp ground ginger
- Add the butter, golden syrup and light brown sugar to a pan. Stir on a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger to a mixing bowl and stir together. Pour in the sugar and butter mixture into the middle.
- Stir together to form a dough. It might get messy!
- Wrap in clingfilm and let chill for 30mins.
- Lay the dough between two sheets of baking parchment. Roll out to about 4mm thick
- Using a biscuit cutter cut out the shapes.
- Bake at 190°C (170°C fan) mark 5 for 10 to 12min, until lightly golden brown.
- The biscuits won’t be firm but will harden when cool
Time for glitter
We have some great ideas for the children to get crafty and make some individual decorations to either decorate your nursery or child care setting or take home for families to cherish and hang on their tree.
This is such a fun and easy craft idea from thimble and twig
Using items from your craft cupboard…and extra glitter, you can create lots of different shapes and characters. How about a star, a Christmas tree or even a reindeer.
reindeer tree decorations
This is such a lovely idea from Crafty Morning
It’s a really nice way to see how children grow through the years and a nice messy activity.